Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pom-Pom Tutorial

So I am not a big fan of extremely full pom-poms... I am also not a big fan of spending a ton of time on adornments for a project!  I LOVE things that work up fast and show me progress really early in the project so for me an easy pom-pom is exactly what I am looking for!

Here is how I do them...
Start out with a corner or place that you would like to put
your pom-pom

I take a regular 3x5" index card.  I usually stack 5 or so of
them so that it does not bend as easily!

I generally wrap it around about 30 times, I try to make them
exact but that does not always work out so well!  I do not
know about you but I am NOT counting after this point!

After you trim the piece you are wrapping, cut a piece of the
same yarn that is about 8-10 inches long... Set this piece in
the center underneath the wound up yarn.

Make a tight and secure knot around the center.

Fold the pom-pom in half with the knotted end in your hand.

Clip through all of the looped ends, I usually stick the
scissors in one end and cut one half of the pom-pom
at once.

Hold the knotted end in your hand again, this time a little
closer to the cut ends and trim so that the ends are close
to even, there is no reason to make sure that they are exact.

Tie your pom-pom to your project and weave in the extra
ends.  I make sure that all of this is done on the inside
so no one else has to see it!
Voila!  You have a happy floppy pom-pom!!

<3  We will be posting more tutorials soon!

Teri

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun to make and is adorable. Thanks for this pattern! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great way to do pom poms, I'm definitely going to give it a go! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete